Adobe Illustrator is one of the most wonderful and handy tool for creating vector graphics and Illustrations. There are some typical difference between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Lets, we introduce with some basic techniques of Adobe Illustrator that will help you to boost your productivity.
- Usage of brush tool: Brush tool is a simple and most useful tool for digital painting or artistic graphics. You can either create your own brush or pick a default brush to paint a texture. Brush tools are actually useful for hairy texture and neat artwork for sketch. To use brush tool simply click on the brush icon from left side and apply on your artboard.
2. Usage of symbol Sprayer tool: Symbol sprayer tools do wonder for making a lot of objects within minutes. To create a new symbol, select the object and open symbol panel to add a new symbol. Then you are able to use this symbol using symbol sprayer tool.
3. Usage of Pathfinder: Pathfinder is great for create different types of shape. You can do a lot of things using pathfinder. You can unite two overlapping shape. Minus the front shape from two object or intersect two object or minus the back from two object. Perfect usage of pathfinder will give you a quick solution for creating any shape. If you don’t see pathfinder in your toolbox, simply go to the window menu and check pathfinder. You can also do it by pressing (shift+ctrl+f9) key at the same time.
4. Usage of Gradient tool: Gradient tool is great for mixing two colors. Sometimes, it also used to showing the shade or curve of an object. You can choose linear or radial gradient from your gradient options panel. You can also select this tool using shortcut key G.
5. Usage of pen tool: Mastering on pen tools can help you to quicker the design process. Pen tools also let you to create any shape without extra command. It is flexible as your fingertips and let you to make any type of design. You just need to select the anchor point and extending the node and make your desired shape. Perfect usage of pen tools actually depends on practice.
6. Usage of Warp tool: Usage of Warp tools will give you the flexibility to shaping up an object. It’s actually work for adding various effect to an object including arc and bulge effect. You can create a wonderful shape with fine line using this tool.
7. Usage of Layer panel: Layer panel in illustrator actually arrange by hierarchical position. Some secondary layers are always appears under the main layer unless you create a new layer. When you create a new object you must need to keep an eye on the layer position and their classification.
8. Usage of object tab: Object tab consists with a lot useful tools. These tools are used to manage the objects in different position. Some common usage of object tab is grouping some objects or expand them. It also use for transforming an object in different position and shape.9. Usage of Type tool: Type tools are usually used for typing text. You can do a lot of things using type tools including Type on a path tools, typing on a area tool and type in vertical and so on.
10. Usage of Mash tool: Mash tool is actually use for highlighting an area or designing a critical path. It’s usually combined by various colors to make it realistic and eye catching.
11. Usage of reflect tool: Reflect tool allows an object to rotate into opposite direction. Using reflect tools you can simply rotate an object into 90 degree to 180 degree or whatever you want. It is a handy tools for creating opposite objects easily.
12. Usage of blend tool: if you want to make a shadow of an object or 3D effect bend tool is one of the most useful tool to doing this effectively. You can also create multiple object very quickly by this tool.
13. Usage of Expand tool: if you want to turn adobe fonts, lines and brush strokes into a particular shape or just tweak the bend properties and font styles, you can use Expand tool. “Expand Tool” is one of the best option for make a outline of any shapes and separate a critical path.
There are approximately more than 100 techniques of Adobe illustrator to leverage your effort for design anything. The above techniques are only some hand picked basic techniques for beginner’s. If you understand these techniques, it’s make your design journey smooth and hassle free.